28 October 2012

Just a Quickie to say …


I sent my manuscript off this morning.  Hurrah - a day early!  Bit of a bugger really because now I have no excuse for avoiding all the other things that need doing.  For weeks I have been saying “Well I’d like to help but …” and now I have to sort out cupboards and clean things.

So the first thing I did was have lunch …

~  Menu  ~

Potato and Salmon Hash
Bit of Salad
Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
Small Glass of Secret White

I bought some bargain potatoes the other day called Blue Belle.  They put me in mind of the Apache potatoes I had a few months ago but l are not the same. 


The label said they are excellent for baking and how right it was.  I baked several specifically so that I could play with them once cooked but they had such lovely creamy, fluffy interiors and such tasty crispy skin that  things didn't go according to plan, we ate all but one small one. 

Today I made a hash with it together with a little leftover salmon.  It was dead simple I just diced and crushed and mashed the potato in a little oil, added the salmon when it was crisp and served it in a terribly fancy way so I could take a photo (which I am not very pleased with!).


I’m just watching Nigel (Slater of course) on the telly – he’s one of my absolute favourite famous cooks but I think he must have been reading Sudden Lunch!  He’s making sudden suppers from what he finds in the fridge!  Good man.

Incidentally I saw poppies in flower yesterday - in the snow!  




Pin It!

3 comments:

debs said...

save me a signed copy please!xx

Jenny Eatwell said...

Congratulations! :) Not long now, then! ~rubs hands together in anticipation~

As for that Nigel Slater, well, just don't get me started. "Here's something you can do with 50p of leftover swede - go out and buy £4-worth of lamb steak, then .. blah blah blah".

~grinds teeth together~

There's a whole blog post just waiting to be written about that Nigel Slater programme. Now, have I got time, that's the thing! lol

Suzy - Sudden Lunch said...

Good point Jenny, I hadn't thought of that aspect of his cooking.