14 March 2012

Asparagus “Pesto”, Frazzled Prosciutto and a Sexist Comment


~  Menu  ~

Tagliatelle in Asparagus “Pesto” with Frazzled Prosciutto
Small glass of Red
A Handful of Sugared Pecans
Coffee

Looking in the fridge today, in a hungry mood, I found 6 asparagus spears, 2 slices of prosciutto and the last bit of a piece of Gran Padano. I very nearly scrambled some eggs with the asparagus and ham but inspiration struck, as if often the way.  So this is what I did.
~   I snapped the tips from the asparagus, set them aside and cooked the rest of the stalks in salted water till completely tender.
~   I scooped the cooked asparagus out of the boiling water and added 3 coils of tagliatelle to the water.
~   Whilst the pasta was cooking I did 2 things (yes, you’ve guessed, I’m a woman!) … firstly I puréed the cooked asparagus with a knob of butter and a handful of grated Gran Padano, and secondly I cut the prosciutto into strips and frazzled it in tablespoon of olive oil together with the asparagus tips.
~   I lifted the ham and asparagus out of the frying pan with a slotted spoon and added the residual oil to the asparagus purée.
~   Then, I expect you’ve guessed, I drained the pasta and tossed everything together.

I was very pleased with the result and am thinking of doing a similar thing soon with tenderstem broccoli whilst it’s about. 

For Lunch Pudding I had a handful of sugared pecans, I usually do this with walnuts (see here for recipe) but tried pecans for a change and they are just as good.


Any idea what this is?


Yesterday I had a senior moment, as they say, and instead of pouring hot water into my coffee cup I poured it straight into the jar of instant coffee!   After a ponder I poured off the still dry granules and found this in the jar.



Pin It!

No comments: