Pages

Leftovers are my Favourite Ingredient!

I've had a humdinger of a day, so far, with the old leftovers – I’m getting quite good at this, at least I think so!

A couple of days ago I was a bit over-enthusiastic in the dumplings department when making my darling’s traditional weekly Mince & Dumplings.  He could only manage 10 (what a wimp) which left 4.  

He was therefore served them this morning for breakfast; cut in half and fried with bacon and an egg.  He liked it, I knew he would.

fry up including crunchy friend leftover dumplings

Yesterday the very same darling had roast pork with all the trimmings (which for him includes Yorkshire Pudding and Sloppy, aka Mushy, Peas).  The smallest amount of Yorkshire batter I can reasonably make, using 1 egg and a tablespoon of flour, makes 6 puds so I had 3 for breakfast with butter and maple syrup.  I liked that but only because it was delicious, but I wasn't surprised - Yorkshire pudding batter is the same as crèpe batter so it was bound to taste good.


leftover Yorkshire puddings with maple syrup
Nice pinnable image, don't you think?

If you are feeling a bit on the poor side I heartily recommend making Yorkshire Puddings – they are quick and easy, delicious, versatile and make loads for so very little money – see here for how to make the best (and cheapest) Yorkshire Puddings ever!

Last night I couldn’t eat all my salmon so finished it at lunch in a salad. 

For my about me and my leftovers see (and follow!) my Pinterest board ...


Leftover Food ~ Delicious Ideas 





No comments: