Here is a little quiz based on my book … “Food for Love: Eat your Way to a Better Sex Life ~ Win/Win Situation!”
Don’t worry if you haven’t read it, you can do that later!
1. Which nut did the writer Colette spurn because she thought that “they add weight to the breasts”?
~ Brazil nuts
2. What do Hindus traditionally leave on the doorstep to indicates that a marriage is about to take place?
~ A handful of rice
~ A banana
~ A jar of honey
~ A coconut
3. And which food do the Amish traditionally associate with weddings?
4. What did Casanova say could “restore an old love and … ripen a young one.”?
~ Something else starting with
5. Who wrote a long, strange and rather naughty Poem called “Figs”?
~ Philip Larkin
~ Oscar Wilde
~ D.H. Lawrence
~ Allen Ginsberg
6. Ginger derives its name from a Sanskrit word, srngaveram, meaning …
~ Healing root
~ Tickling stick
~ Sweet heat
7. Who said “If you have no Honey in your Pot, have some in your Mouth.”?
~ Benjamin Franklin
~ Mark Twain
~ Walt Whitman
~ Henry David Thoreau
8. Which of these is NOT considered to have aphrodisiac qualities?
~ Baboon urine
~ Horny goat weed
~ Stinky toe
~ Spanish fly
9. What is held to be the ideal length for a vanilla pod?
~ The longer the better
~ A good 6 inches
10. What fruit was known by the Aztecs as the Testicle Tree, in their own language of course — ahuacacuauhitl?
11. Which herb in Italy is known as “bacia-nicola” which means “kiss me Nicholas”?
12. Which food did the Talmud say that people, “even women”, should eat on the Sabbath, because it “promotes love and arouses desire”?
~ Roast Chicken
~ Gefilte Fish
Wait - you're not cheating are you?
Oh - before we get to the answers here's a picture of my aforementioned book! It's only 99p and includes ...
~ The most 17 most convincing (at least to me) aphrodisiac foods
5. D.H. Lawrence – read the poem here
6. Horn shaped
7. Benjamin Franklin
8. 6 inches
9. Stinky toe – more about this here
How did you do?