Pages

Good Bread, Helford White and Prosciutto

~ Menu ~

A simple ham and cheese “platter”
A humble glass of Shiraz
Some meagre bits of cake, fresh orange, Cointreau and orange infused ice cream in an orange shell
Coffee




I have just finished reading Ruth Reichl’s book Garlic and Sapphires and I am so, so envious. Not only has the lady written a book to be proud of; informative, seriously foodie and seriously entertaining, not only has she been paid to eat out in some of the finest restaurants in New York over and over again, she also, so as to get a realistic experience, had a lot of fun dressing up and assuming fake personas!

Back to reality, dressed as myself, today’s lunch was an assembly of various things, mostly from the Cornwall Food & Drink show I went to the other day ...

~ a couple of slices of Vicky’s bread (I have found a nearby supplier – Relish in Wadebridge),
~ some smoked spiced prosciutto. Apparently in Italy this just means ham but to me it means thinly, thinly sliced delicious salty/sweet wonderful ham! It is often called parma ham in England and prosciutto di parma in Italy.
~ a wedge of lovely pink Helford White cheese mentioned earlier, and
~ a small tomato and red onion salad dressed with a little olive oil, black pepper and Cornish Sea Salt.

Of course I washed it all down with a glass of red wine, a cheeky little Shiraz as it happens.

And dessert? Well sadly just a few things left over from testing recipes for my book ~ Luscious Ice Creams without a MachineI made an alcoholic orange and cake ice cream extravaganza thing. How I suffer for my “art”. This is what the finished dish looked like ...




No comments: