23 March 2013

In which I achieve a Leftover!


~  Menu  ~

Spicy White Bean Dip
Tortilla Chips
White Wine Spritzer
Coffee
A little chocolate

At last I have achieved a leftover!  Last night I made Nachos for both my real man and myself.  For him I used minced beef but for me I made some quasi-refried beans by frying finely chopped onion in olive oil till soft then adding a little garlic and a drained can of cannelloni beans.  I seasoned the mixture with cumin and sea salt and fried and mashed till hot and yummy.  In both cases I layered up the filling with some excellent Kettle Tortilla Chips and grated cheese (non-traditional Cornish Crackler - the Mexicans don't know what they're missing!), baked till hot, crisp and melty and served with sour cream and 'salsa' (ie. Tomato and Chilli Pasta Sauce from my storecupboard). We haven't had nachos for years so it made a pleasant change.


There was a handful (girly hand) of nachos left in the packet and a little of the bean mixture left too so today I puréed the beans with roasted garlic mayonnaise and more of the aforementioned 'salsa' and ate the mixture with the leftover nachos and their crumbs.  Quick, easy, tasty, a bit healthy (beans and corn) and made from scraps small enough that most people might throw them away.


Lunch Pudding was a few Squares of Tesco Finest Swiss Milk Chocolate with Caramel Pieces but the sad thing is, since the 'flu haven't quite got my appetite back and in particular sweet things seem too sweet.  I am, of course, persevering and hope things get back to normal soon.


In other news ...

I have uploaded my "Lush Ice Cream without a Machine" ebook to Smashwords where it is now available in all ebook formats.  Have a look here, download the first 20% for nothing and see what you think of it.  If you like it I'll love you forever if you give it a review on Smashwords and/or Amazon.




Pin It!

2 comments:

debs said...

I smash up any remnants of tortilla chips dry fry them in a pan add a splash of soy sauce wait until they crisp up and serve on top of a salad!

Suzy - Sudden Lunch said...

Hmm - good idea!