15 May 2012

Sugar and Loaf in Wadebridge


The other day whilst in Wadebridge my friend and I popped in to newly opened Sugar & Loaf on Polmorla Street


We didn’t have anything to eat as we had other plans but we had lovely coffee and were surprised to learn that it had been roasted right there in Wadebridge by Hands on Coffee – read all about them here.


Sugar and Loaf was opened a few weeks ago by 22 year old Samantha Minney, a friendly, enthusiastic and passionate baker who bakes cakes, makes sandwiches and twice a day bakes fabulous slow risen bread.  As you know I love good bread.


Samantha opens her shop week days 8.30-5.30, Saturday 8.30-4.00 and Sundays 8.30 till 2.00 pm.  Rumour has it that on Sundays she serves a special pancake breakfast which is a shame because I am never in Wadebridge on a Sunday.

I wish Samantha all the luck in the world, not least because my sister and I started our first business (Trebarwith Strand Hotel and the House on the Strand Restaurant here in Cornwall) when we were in our early 20s which was years and years and years ago now.  I hope she has as much joy from her career as we both have from ours. 

"Find something you love to do and you'll never have to work 
a day in your life." ~ Harvey MacKay

Talking of Wadebridge the other day my real man and I made our yearly pilgrimage to look at the bluebells in the Allen Valley – gorgeous as heck!


So lovely, in fact, we had to have a drink after to celebrate!  Healey's Cornish Rattler Apple Cyder - my favourite.


  
Pin It!

2 comments:

debs said...

that bread does look good..i will buy some next time we are in wadebridge , which i hope will be soon now that the sun is shining!

Jenny Eatwell said...

I shall pass on your recommendation to my Aunt & Uncle, who live in Wadebridge, immediately! :)