You may have read yesterday that Jenny of Jenny Eatwell's Rhubarb & Ginger has very kindly nominated me (me!) for a Versatile Blogger Award for which heartfelt thanks. It now behooves me to nominate blogs that I feel deserve this award and these are my choices, in no particular order …
Eggs on the Roof… sharing food, books, ideas http://eggsontheroof.com/
Food and books, a perfect combination. Charlie Lee-Potter, the writer and journalist lady who writes this blog, and I seem to have very similar interests; Karen Blixen, black garlic, cheese, Julian Barnes and chocolate to name a few although I admit chocolate’s not that much of a coincidence.
Ideas in Food - http://blog.ideasinfood.com/ - as it says, ideas in food but Really Interesting Ones!
Feasts and Festivals - http://feastsandfestivals.blogspot.com/ Interesting history and food blog with lots of snippets, photos and trivia plus great recipes.
My Man’s Belly - http://feastsandfestivals.blogspot.com/ Unusual combination of recipes and relationship advice!
Meat Sections - http://www.meatsections.com/
As the bloggist of this site, Alyson Thomas, says “Like meat? Like sections? Then you've come to the right place.” Great diagrams of the “meat sections” of all sorts of things – some of them meat!
Andrea Joseph’s Sketchblog - http://andreajoseph24.blogspot.com/
Absolutely gorgeous sketches by a very talented artist; I wish I could do this! See also …
Book on a Blog – http://bookonablog.blogspot.com/ by the same blogger.
Dietlind Wolf - http://dietlindwolf.blogspot.com/ - this lady makes collections of things, arranges them and takes pictures, to stunning effect! A lot of her work is food related.
Island Vittles - http://islandvittles.com/ - interesting recipes and evocative pictures of life on a small island in
. British Columbia
Fuss Free Flavours - http://fussfreeflavours.com/ - recipes, ingredients, book reviews and giveaways.
Sweet Paul - http://sweetpaul.typepad.com/my_weblog/ - just gorgeous, words fail me!
La Tartine Gourmande - http://www.latartinegourmande.com/ - beautiful food photography.
Canelle et Vanille - http://www.cannellevanille.com/ - more beautiful food photography.
I want to be like the above 3 blogs when I grow up.
Apparently one of the rules of belonging to this prestigious group of bloggers is that I tell you ...
7 random things about me! Umm …
• I usually have a brandy at bedtime. It was not until I took this photo that I realised the bottle has both"mm" and "oo" embossed on it ~ my thoughts exactly.
• I can’t swim and am scared of water yet lived on a boat for years and had to row home alone at night.
• I am writing a book about leftovers and have an agent!! Fingers crossed it will be published. OK, that wasn't entirely random.
• I’m really glad I’ve been a chef all my working life but think I might have liked being a photographer too.
• I live with a Geordie.
• I once nearly understood something Brian Cox was explaining. How can I be so very interested in something so beyond me?
• I have a travelled all over the place but because of Things Going Wrong (boat sinking, computer committing suicide, husband leaving and taking pics with him etc.) have lost all the photos. I have been to lots of places, though, honestly!
Now I have made my nominations I am off to the Versatile Blogger site to see what other wonderful blogs I can discover (perhaps I’ll do some work tomorrow!)