13 October 2010

Pease Pudding from Up North - part 2

~ Menu ~ 

Pease Pudding Fritter 
Healey’s Cornish Rattler 
Bit of Chocolate

Remember I was talking about Pease Pudding the other day? Well writing about it reminded me to cook some as it’s one of the few things we both like. Usually I cook two completely different evening meals but, luckily, I don’t mind at all! 

Today’s lunch was made from the leftovers. I found I had one lonely asparagus spear in the salad tray together with half a red onion and also I had enough ham left to fill a manly baguette for my darling and still leave a tad for me. 

I thinly sliced the onion and the asparagus, tossed them together in a little olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted them for about 10 minutes in a medium hot oven. I then julienned (technical term for cut into sticks) the ham, added it to the pan and carried on roasting for a few minutes till the veggies were tender and the ham beginning to turn golden. Whilst doing that, being a woman, I was also able to fry myself a little cake of pease pudding. I assembled the dish artistically, drizzled over some honey mustard dressing, took a picture and then demolished it ...

peaseu-pudding-fritter

cornish-rattler-cider-is-delicious
... washed down with a bottle of cold cider – Healey’s Cornish Rattler to be exact. Perfect.


I didn’t take a picture of the cider today but here is a picture of a bottle I drank earlier!


Incidentally a friend of mine, Debs, fries up her leftover pease pudding and serves it with bacon and eggs for breakfast and I can’t fault her for that. And dessert? Well it’s not compulsory you know but I did just eat 2 squares of Lindt’s absolutely gorgeous Excellence Chilli Chocolate – I felt I should as it is, apparently, National Chocolate Week. After lunch I took the bus into Padstow and here is a picture I took out the window as we were speeding along – Harlyn Bay.

harlyn-cornwall
Pin It!

No comments: